In addition speakers and industry experts will highlight current frauds, as well as anti-counterfeiting information. Topics will include:
- Gain a better understanding of the impact of emerging technologies; such as, 3D Printing, and how they will change the landscape of crime in this area.
- Techniques to combat internet fraud and counterfeiting\piracy; the latest scams and products being counterfeited\pirated; and the global efforts being taken to confront this epidemic.
- Tools needed to keep up to date with the ever changing internet and learn tips/tricks from industry leaders.
- Augment your knowledge of the fraud, passing off, proceeds of crime and money laundering laws as they relate to counterfeiting.
- The socio-economic and geographical implications of this crime; the profile of the persons engaged in this crime; and the modus operandi often associated with this crime, i.e. organized crime, money laundering, identity theft, tax evasion, welfare fraud, transshipments.
- Learn about what can and can’t be done at our borders and what our new legislation can do to assist.
- Touch and feel the difference between hundreds of different counterfeit and authentic products and get to talk with brand representatives to learn about their interesting challenges and ways to authenticate their products.
- See the most up-to-date brand protection strategies and platforms.
- Network with law enforcement and others invited from, and dealing in, numerous jurisdictions across Canada, the United States, Mexico, Europe and elsewhere.
We encourage you to take advantage of this training initiative and to register as soon as possible.If you have any questions please contact any of us listed below and we will be happy to assist.
Wayne Lipkus (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (416) 678-8292
Lorne M. Lipkus – email@example.com at (416) 984-9992